Small-Group Intermediate Course:
This course is for those who have some familiarity with the Indonesian language but feel they are below the Intermediate Level, which is basically defined as having a working vocabulary of around 500 words and are able to maintain a simple conversation on basic subjects such as family, shopping, directions, introductions, etc.
We do not focus on Verb Conjugation at the Intermediate Level, rather we teach it privately to students who have completed the Intermediate Course, or who have been assessed to be ready to learn Verb Conjugation, only after discussing the advantages and disadvantages of learning to speak and write in formal Indonesian language.
What you will Learn:
- You will develop and deepen your understanding of Indonesian using the topics learned in the Beginner Group course,
- You will learn how to deal with daily conversation with wider range of topics, using common expressions and phrases which will be helpful in building friendly discussions with locals.
- The wide range of topics used in this level will also help you to understand more about Indonesian culture as well as way of thinking and communicating.
- At the completion of this level, you can expect to be able to involve yourselves in free-flowing non-technical daily conversations.
What you will Receive:
- Our specially-designed Course Textbook/Workbook,
- 400 Flashcards, designed to take your vocabulary to the Intermediate Level (after memorizing the 350 cards from the Beginner Level),
The cost of the 20 Hour course is Rp 1.750.000
For Alumni of Cinta Bahasa, the cost is Rp 1.500.000
What Our Students Have to Say!
Tom started learning Indonesian at the beginning of March, 2012. He practiced the flashcards we provided, paid attention in class, and spoke Indonesian wherever he was able, including with his fellow classmates. Just 6 weeks later, with a vocabulary over 700 words, Tom is able to comfortably speak in Indonesian. In this video, we surprised him with an interview. He was given no time at all to prepare.
“Cinta Bahasa has been the perfect language school for me. I could already speak a bit of Indonesian when I enrolled, but with lots of mistakes and holes in my understanding. I could sometimes manage a proper Indonesian question, but then couldn’t understand the answer! I started with the group beginner class, so Ochie and the teachers could assess my level, then they arranged private classes for me, which have been worth every rupiah, really good value. My teacher has such a friendly approach, while being thorough about revising grammar from the ground up. Now I’m learning exactly what I need to progress, filling in the gaps and getting lots of ‘tips and tricks’ I would have missed out on, just sitting with my dictionary or bumbling through like I was before. I realise now how kind my Indonesian friends have been in coping with my mangled version of their language… And how much they didn’t correct!”
“I was already beyond basic beginner level in Indonesian, but lacked confidence and had stopped learning. Then I started a 20 hour course of private lessons with Cinta Bahasa and, even before I’ve finished these, I’m able to talk about most things in daily life with Balinese people, and I’m easily able to form sentences. I still find listening to spoken Indonesian difficult, but it’s getting much easier. I highly recommend the daily classes to anyone who wants to quickly improve.”