Small-Group Beginner Indonesian Language Course:
This fun and interesting, yet very effective introduction to Bahasa Indonesia is every weekday for two hours per day for one month. You will learn how to pronounce and read words; introduce yourself, your friends and your family; ask questions about people and things; use numbers and money; shop for items you want, negotiate and order items in a restaurant; tell the time and date; make comparisons and express preferences, and give directions! You will also learn important aspects of Indonesian and Balinese Culture and Etiquette.
We suggest you take our Small-Group Beginner Indonesian Language Course if you learned to speak Indonesian without formal training, if you have a vocabulary under 100 words you can use, or if you feel unsure that your sentences are correct when you are speaking.
The course starts the first Monday of each Month. When you register, you will see the list of starting dates for the course.
This course is 40 hours total. There are 20 classes of two-hour lessons. There are 5 classes per week for four weeks, each weekday from 9.30-11.30am, 12.30-2.30pm or 6-8pm. If four students are registered for a particular class time, then the course will be confirmed. If you are a group of at least three people, we can arrange a time that is convenient for you! The Small-Group has a minimum of 3, and a maximum of 6 students in a group.
What you will Learn:
- Our textbook has 19 chapters: you will learn to converse on a wide range of day-to-day subjects in simple and polite Indonesian,
- You will learn how to bargain and negotiate in Indonesian, which can save you millions of Rupiah.
- You will learn cultural subjects, from why it is wrong to give something using your left hand, to how to cross between two people politely, to using a typical Indonesian squat toilet.
- You will learn how to meet, introduce yourself, and make friends and acquaintances with the Indonesian people around you.
What You will Receive:
Your Course Materials and Field Trip are included in the cost of the course.
- Your Student’s Textbook/Workbook, specially designed by Cinta Bahasa,
- 350 printed flash cards for you to study regularly to build your vocabulary,
- E-Learning materials, including a flash card program for your computer and audio learning materials,
- Additional learning materials to help you to strengthen your language inside and outside of the classroom.
- A visit to Ubud Market to practice negotiating for much lower prices than you would normally pay if you did not know how to speak Indonesian, (Some students have successfully bargained a purchase for less than 25% of the original seller’s asking price! Here is a photo from a recent market visit.)
- A Certificate of Completion which recognizes your achievement, and a Letter of Completion if required by your Employer or School.
- Free membership in our Alumni group to continue your learning via our email discussion group,
- As one of Cinta Bahasa Alumni, entitles you to generous discounts for ongoing language training.
- Invitations to our many events, from Conversational Classes to our Friday afternoon singing group, Kafe Bahasa events, Potluck BBQ and many more fun activities to practice your Indonesian and meet new people, both foreign and Indonesian!
What our Students Have to Say!
I was totally amazed at the amount of language I could learn in 40 hours of lessons and can’t wait to take my new-found skills to the next level with Cinta Bahasa when I’m in Bali again.
“When we started with Cinta Bahasa we were pure novices, unable to even order simple food and drink. The professional and friendly staff of CB worked hard to help use through the first steps of speaking a new language and the excellent resources they gave us for self study made our month long journey into loving language fun and productive. We still have a journey ahead of us to become proficient but we feel we have the building blocks and we have the confidence to get out there and start speaking Indonesian. We could not recommend Cinta Bahasa highly enough! Thanks for a great month.”
Simon & Andrina
“When I attended the beginner’s class at Cinta Bahasa I really came as a beginner, absolutely no knowledge whatsoever. After 4 weeks I have now the basic structure one needs to converse. Your guru Novi is most patient and she really knows how to teach. The fellow students and me, we had a blast. I will continue my studies ASAP.”
This is our second week with Cinta Bahasa, and I want to let you know how thrilled we have been with our teacher, Daniel. He is a natural teacher and a lovely person. I am very impressed with the standard of the service as a whole and would definitely recommend Cinta Bahasa to anybody wanting to learn the language. Terima kasih!
Jodie & Bellana Porter
“I learnt more in my two week course with Cinta Bahasa than I have learning any other language. The lessons were always practical and a lot of fun. I not only learnt a lot about Bahasa Indonesia but also invaluable information about Indonesian culture. Terima kasih banyak Cinta Bahasa! ”
VSO – Voluntary Service Overseas Indonesia
“4 weeks of beginners class was simply great! Great job, Ochie and Stephen!!!”
“Being able to live in Ubud while taking language classes every day was a great part of finding Cinta Bahasa. Thanks for the language skills, I will be back for more!”
Dr. Chet Collins
“If one is interested in taking a course in Bahasa Indonesia look no further than the course offered by Cinta, their team of qualified instructors and expert use of course materials enhance the learning experience.”