Basa Bali / Balinese Language Courses
Bahasa Bali, as it is called in Indonesian, or Basa Bali as it is called in Balinese is an ancient language, steeped in the rich cultural history of Asia. Descended from Pali and Sanskrit, this language reflects the beliefs, traditions, rituals and ways of life of the Balinese people.
The medium of instruction is bahasa Indonesia, therefore the learner would need to be at least an Intermediate Level in bahasa Indonesia. There are a number of very important reasons why being able to speak Bahasa Indonesia is a pre-requisite for learning Bahasa Bali:
- Bahasa Bali is spoken in three levels: bottom to top, top to bottom and common. If you address a person incorrectly, the result can be anything from a faux pas, to an insult. Being able to apologize in Indonesian and continue the conversation in that language is essential for both parties to save face.
- Bali is a part of Indonesia. Unless you plan to not see any other part of Indonesia, it would not make sense for you to learn Balinese only.
- Basa Bali is best explained and taught using Bahasa Indonesia. Basa Bali uses many words from Bahasa Indonesia, and as they share a linguistic history this will help you to enter the mindset to think and speak like a Balinese person.
- Cinta Bahasa Offers both Group and Private Balinese Language Courses.
- The language of instruction is bahasa Indonesia. You must functionally fluent in Indonesian language before attempting to learn Bahasa Bali.
- You may learn at our Main School in Ubud, or online from anywhere in the world.
- Private Courses are scheduled to your preference.
- The Next Group Course starts when at least three people have registered. There is a minimum of 3, maximum of 6 students.
- The Group Course is 40 Hours total, 15 Hours Halus, 25 Hours Biasa.
- Group Classes are 3x week for 6 weeks.
- Course includes Textbook, Rapid Vocabulary-Building App and additional Self-Learning materials.
- You will receive a subscription or DVD of the BasaBali.Org program, an online learning program that uses video to teach Basa Bali, as an additional learning resource included in the cost of your course.
Course Fee Chart:
|Private Course||20 Hour||40 Hour||60 Hour|
|IDR||3,900,000||7,250,000||10,500,000||For Cash & Indonesian Bank Transfer|
|AUD||420||785||1,135||Paypal or Australian Bank Transfer|
|Group Course||40 Hours|
|IDR||3,250,000||For Cash & Indonesian Bank Transfer|
|AUD||350||Paypal or Australian Bank Transfer|